Minority/Women Business Enterprise Program
What the City of Irving is Doing to get your Business:
The City of Irving unanimously adopted Council Resolution No.1-11-07-021 to demonstrate its commitment to the inclusion of minority- and woman-owned businesses participation throughout the procurement process. The purpose of the Minority/Women Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Program is to ensure that qualified minority-and women-owned businesses are actively solicited and given an equal opportunity to compete and participate in the City competitive bidding process.How do we include your company in our solicitation process?
The City of Irving e-mail's solicitation notification to M/WBE vendors with every formal bid. As a result our number of vendors responding to solicitations increases and keeps pricing competitive that are procured by the city.
What will stop you from receiving solicitation notification directly to your e-mail address?
- Incorrect or incomplete e-mail address
- Changed e-mail address and/or provider without notifying the City of Irving
- Person that receives e-mail no longer with your company and the e-mail bounces back
- Bidder's Notification incomplete.
- Commodities that selected for notification do not match what the current solicitations is requesting
- Selecting more than six commodities for notification, as per the City's written instructions
- The City of Irving has an across-the-board goal of 26 percent of dollars awarded by Council going to M/WBE vendors
- Last year 27 percent of dollars the City Council awarded based competitively solicited bids or proposals went to M/WBE vendors.
- If you do not submit a bid then your chance of doing business with the City is 0.00 percent.
Our minimum participation goals are as follows:
|| 30 percent
|Architecture and Engineering
|| 28 percent
|| 33 percent
|| 20 percent
|| 10 percent
Prospective bidders/proposers are required to make a "Good Faith Effort" to meet the established participation goals. Bidders must document their good faith effort to include minority- and women-owned businesses in the contract. Vendors are contacted electronically about various bidding opportunities. Purchasing department staff will assist vendors with registration.
Certifications from the following agencies are accepted by the City of Irving: